Wood Overlay Doors
Cedar Faced Carriage House Collection
Classic style, delivered in a bold new way. C.H.I. Overhead Doors has always been one step ahead of the curve with the 5400 Series. Now the re-engineered 5400 and 5700 Series take another step forward, utilizing Western Red Cedar boards to create a dynamic, yet timeless look that is backed by a rigid steel base section. Top it all off with a field staining and the decorative hardware and window options of your choice, and you have a door that says…welcome home.
- The wide tongue-and-groove cedar boards and smooth cedar accent battens are laminated to the steel base sections with high performance adhesives. The door face is manufactured unfinished for field painting or staining.
- Square top standard; optional arched top
- Optional windows are available in clear glass, glue chip pattern or seeded glass, available in the top two sections of door
- Faux windows are an option with the background color always being black and can be combined with all window section options
- Series 5400 are 2” thick CFC free polystyrene insulated base sections
- Series 5700 are 2” thick CFC free polyurethane insulated thermally-broken base sections
- 2-3/4” total section thickness
- Wood-grained steel interior, pre-finished in white
- White painted 20-gauge end stiles are standard
- One set of spade decorative hardware is standard for all doors. Optional Barcelona or Wrought Iron designs replicate an old-world look
- Concealed steel plates run continuously from top to bottom of each section for fastening hardware
- Bottom weather seal utilizes an aluminum retainer and extruded virgin vinyl
5400 Series. Utilizes a steel base sandwich section with a CFC free polystyrene core.
5700 Series. Utilizes a CFC free polyurethane injected steel thermally-broken base section.
5400R-value – 10.78
5700R-value* – 18.03
*R-value testing is in accordance with ASTM C518 standards.
Note: Follow manufacturer’s recommendations for surface preparation for field painting applications.